Pizza Hut Priazzo pies

The products you would like to see back on the shelves of shops.

Pizza Hut Priazzo pies

Postby Priazzo lover » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:46 pm

In my opinion these were quite simply the tastiest pies ever from Pizza Hut. I think there were three in total....the Priazzo Verona which had meatballs, onions, garlic and tomato sauce inside a pastry topped off with 3 or 4 mixed cheeses that just melted in the mouth......i think there was one with Spinach in and another that i've forgotton the name of. Why Pizza hut got rid of them i have no idea, even though i worked for them in the mid-late 80's i cant remember why. ....... I live in hope that they will be re-introduced...
Priazzo lover
Just Starting

google adsense
Google

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:13 pm

.....just remembered......Priazzo Fiorentina.....anyone know the 3rd one?

Priazzo Milano

Postby huskerknox » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:29 pm

We used to order the Priazzo Milano. Best Pizza we have EVER had. Would love it if they would bring it back.
huskerknox
Just Starting

Postby Xetal » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:33 pm

Welcome to the madhouse, huskerknox! Image
Sworn, b'loody!

Xetal
Xetal
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Postby pandammonium » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:27 pm

Welcome, indeed - and don't be scared off, now!

These things sound like calzones, which are folded over pizzas, similar in appearance to a big big pasty. Is this the sort of thing you mean?
007 Panda: Licenced to Spell

--

Remember to search for your topic before adding a new thread.
pandammonium
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Lookin' for P.H.'s recipe for Priazzo, I found this forum...

Postby PriazzoQuestor » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:09 pm

Woah, is this topic old! Oh well, not to be deterred,(takes DEEP breath), Priazzo Roma was the meat lover's version, and it was quite simply, the finest stuffed pizza, or ANY pizza for that matter, I've ever had the pleasure to taste. I've been looking on the net for the recipe for awhile now, and though I have found a few ambitious homemade versions, I long for the real thing. So, I called no fewer than five Pizza Huts in the area, to try to get the recipe, or a special treat of having a priazzo made. I offered $75.00 to the one person I spoke with who actually remembered more than the WORD priazzo. But, sadly, for those of us who were there, and have known the sublime pleasure of Priazzo...Pizza Hut no longer has the technology. There were special parts (a "Priazzo Pin", for instance)used for making it, it had special bread, special sauce,and, apparently, was too time consuming, and so wasn't cost effective. Hmmmm. Yeah, ok, I guess it did take awile to make, but hey, you can't rush perfection! These things were worth the wait! Even if Pizza Hut did something like McDonald's McRib, ya know? Bring it back like once a year for a couple of months...that way they could make it cost effective, because 1. People would be willing to pay a little more for a superior product, meaning THE ORIGINAL! Don't screw with the original recipe! And 2. It wouldn't be year round, so people woudn't get tired of paying a little extra, and they'd have time to miss it in between.
I have never met anyone who's tried a priazzo, that didn't AT LEAST like it ALOT! I think they should bring it back, and I'm not the only one.
Heads up! Pizza Hut! Bring Priazzo back! Please? :D
PriazzoQuestor
Bronze Star
Bronze Star

Postby pandammonium » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:33 pm

Ooh, someone from the USA! Welcome to our little forum, PriazzoQuestor.

You seem well enthusiastic about these pizza priazza thingies. You wouldn't be able to answer my question about them being like calzones, would you?

--

pandammonium
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Priazzo

Postby PriazzoQuestor » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:49 pm

Hello! Actually, no, they were not like calzones, they were round, like a typical pizza, but they were stuffed. They were an actual pie, with a top crust laid over the fillings. (About an inch of fillings, or "toppings" thick! GOOOOD stuff!)
PriazzoQuestor
Bronze Star
Bronze Star

Postby pandammonium » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:52 pm

Pizza pie? Mmm, pie...

--

pandammonium
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Postby Bluebottle » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:45 pm

Mmmm - meaty pizza. Did it cover the three main food groups - cow... pig... chicken...? :shock: :D
? I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.
? This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.
Bluebottle
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Postby pandammonium » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:57 pm

Four main food groups: cow, pig, chicken, sheep.

--

pandammonium
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Postby PriazzoQuestor » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:30 pm

:shock: (gulp) uh.....sheep? Nah, just kiddin', actually I don't know what was in 'em, they could have stuck an alligator's a** in there for all I care, it would have still been good!
PriazzoQuestor
Bronze Star
Bronze Star

Postby Xetal » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:10 pm

Welcome to the madhouse, PriazzoQuestor! :drink:

I don't remember priazzo at all, but I spent too much time in wild and woolly places. You should have seen the headlines and general rejoicing when they finally opened the first Pizza Hut in Nicaragua in 1994 - or was it 1995? (It didn't, to my knowledge, do priazzo.) The small/giant step back towards consumerism after years of drab life under the Sandinistas was quite touching in its impact at the time.
Sworn, b'loody!

Xetal
Xetal
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Postby dave mc » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:19 am

Blinky, blimey I've missed some stuff while I've been away.

Welcome to the madhouse all you newbies, and a special welcome to our American guy Image
Dave Mc Image
dave mc
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Postby PriazzoQuestor » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:10 am

'Ello, yerselves, and thanx for the welcome! Though, my fellow mc-(it's okay! :wink: ) I am one of the female persuasion, not lady-like, but, none the less female. Xetal, THAT was a bit of history! I believe Pizza Hut had already stopped making priazzos by then, though. The last one I had was in Mayaguez, P.R. in 1986 (GOD! TWENTY YEARS?!?!)
PriazzoQuestor
Bronze Star
Bronze Star

Next

Return to What do you miss?