Pippa Dolls

What were your favourite toys?
Sister Suze
Purple Star
Purple Star

Pippa Dolls

Post by Sister Suze » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:40 pm

I didn't much care for Cindy (yeah, it used to be spelt with a "C"!) dolls, but I did love Pippa dolls...
...they were diddy little tiny dolls, I suppose a bit like those Bratz you can buy nowadays, but Pippa wasn't a scally like them, she was just cute.

carrie
Just Starting

Re: Pippa Dolls

Post by carrie » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:48 pm

Sister Suze wrote:I didn't much care for Cindy (yeah, it used to be spelt with a "C"!) dolls, but I did love Pippa dolls...
...they were diddy little tiny dolls, I suppose a bit like those Bratz you can buy nowadays, but Pippa wasn't a scally like them, she was just cute.

Yes I remember Pippa. She was pocket sized, so you could take her to school quite happily. And she had lovely long blond hair. I only had one Cindy and one Pippa doll and they were both better than Barbie.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:17 pm

I had a Pippa doll too. She had friends too. I had Marie and Britt. (I too had a Cindy, the brunette variety)

DianeW

Pippa dolls

Post by DianeW » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:20 pm

I had pippa dolls - I had forgotten all about them until now! I can remember my sister having a Cindy - but I had a Tressy doll - the one with the wind in and out hair - does anyone remember them??

max31268
Gold Star
Gold Star

Sindy

Post by max31268 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:07 am

My dad bought me Sindy for Christmas 1978. She looked unnervingly like Margaret Thatcher. From recent research she was called 'Funtime Sindy' with a brown dress. He also bought a white and gold wardrobe, and due to the unavailability of the Dressing table, a sideboard. I remember spending all my pocket money on a fetching blue and white coat and a Sindy toilet. Last year I bought a brunette Sindy (proper Sindy, not barbie lookalike) to go in my Sindy Mini Cooper. sad.

max31268
Gold Star
Gold Star

How sad am I?

Post by max31268 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:15 am

Last year I spent hours on the Pippa website. I do have a life really! I had a Dancing Pippa, around 1973, with a red dress. If you moved her arm, her leg would move. I also saved up for Princess Pippa with really long hair and also Pippa's Pony, which wasn't very good.
I also had a doll called Tina, who was the same size with ginger hair, but was a fake from America. Gutted - after all these years. :cry:

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:24 pm

Have just been on ebay. Lots of Pippa dolls going for lots of money! Don't you wish your mum had kept yours?

allison jayne
Just Starting

Re: Pippa Dolls

Post by allison jayne » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:00 pm

bring back the pippa dolls i been on ebay the boxed pippa dolls from about £80.00 to £150.00
please bring them back

Return to “Toys from the past”